Thursday, May 10, 2012

Growing my heart

My nephew is here visiting for a couple of weeks.  I cried tears of joy when I saw him at the airport and got to hug his huge 6' 3+" frame.  This "little" guy has had a special place in my heart as he was the first one to make me an Auntie.  Funny how you can love nephews and neices just as much as your own children.  I hate that all my family is so far away from us, as I would love my children to grow up with family and have great memories, but we don't.  So we have adopted families, whom I love almost as much as my own flesh and blood.  You know who you are!  I really am a hard, tough gal, but once you get through, you will see that I get teary-eyed just as much as the softest person.  I know my heart is going to break when my baby Brad goes home, but until then, I am going to enjoy every moment and spoil him like he is one of my own.  Because he is 1/2 me, almost.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment